Hobby Workspace associates with Mud Mystery to offer Pottery Classes. These are not just about making clay pots but being connected with Mother Earth. We present an opportunity to handcraft stories & give shape to your imagination in Clay, one of the purest materials available to mankind. Apart from realising creativity, Pottery teaches you patience & giving attention to finer details, making you a perfectionist.
Specially crafted for students who wish to master the wonderful art of Pottery. Get insights into technical details of Ceramics & Pottery. Going beyond the hands-on experience, even theory (4 hours) is included as part of this advanced course. Students get introduced to the hand-builds method, wheel work, glaze application & firing stoneware temperature.
- Day 1: Introduction to pinching method
- Day 2: Introduction to coil method
- Day 3: Making articles by using coils
- Day 4: Introduction to slab method
- Day 5: Making articles by slab method
- Day 6: Making articles by combining slab & coil methods
- Day 7: Demonstration on the wheel
- Day 8: Theory & technical decisions (clay materials sources/ stages)
- Day 9: Glaze application on the articles done by students
- Day 10: Discussions on the results. Question and answers, extra practice, if needed for particular technique